Saturday, July 9, 2011

Coming home at 70 knots!

Out of the water and in the sling for a quick bottom wash before coming home!


As it was getting late in the day we needed to get a plan. That's me and the Evans boys from EMI trucking making a plan.
Let's load the boat, get all the measurements, order the permits and start down the road. Julie and I are going to head for the house and the Evans boys are going until dark, spend the night somewhere east of St. Louis and come the rest of way the following morning.
Good plan....we get the boat loaded and get ready to  head out.....'Oh by the way, call me in the morning when you get off the interstate and I'll lead you in. My road's a little tricky'.


I'm glad these boys were country boys. They took the last 2.3 miles in stride and were laughing when they pulled up to house.


Because of the 2 inch rain over night we needed a little 'tractor action' to get Scout positioned where I wanted her.


The hydraulic trailer was self-contained and we were able to position Scout, raise the trailer, place the blocks and jack stands, lower the trailer and drive out from under Scout. Pretty slick.


I can't say enough good things about EMI trucking. Family owned and operated. Treat you like you like to be treated.
They'll be back in the next few months to do it all over again.....I hope.
The above pictures were taken in 2008...it's uhh..2011.