Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bringing her home.

The easiest part of buying a boat is writing the check. Once the paper work is done the work begins and now it's time to figure out how to get Scout home. Cruising down the Ohio River and up the Mississippi was an option ....except Julie and I were both still working and.....the Ohio River was in flood stage. Next choice was to find a place to haul Scout out of the water, find a trucker with an appropriate trailer and come home at 70 mph instead of 7 knots. I've dealt with truckers most of my life so I actually enjoyed the process of finding one with a hydraulic trailer and a truck big enough to haul the boat and small enough to get down our road and into our drive. Next a place to haul out the boat. Well, that wasn't hard. Only one place in Louisville that would touch a boat this size and they didn't have a travel lift. They used A-frame trailers. OK...(I'm going to learn something here.)..."Can I schedule something for next weekend?". "Nope the waters too high and there's about 50 boats ahead of you when the water goes down".
OK....so nothing to do but pay for another months slip rent and wait for the water to go down.
The water finally did go down and I have to say everything went smooth and the yard was very professional.


Marine Sales and Service - Louisville, KY.


And just when I was sure the trucker wouldn't show - they arrived!


At this point it's late afternoon and I'm still holding my breath since morning. So far so good but we ain't home yet.

Peace, love and boats on the trailer.
Chip