Friday, October 29, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Welcome!! With only two days left before flying out to Annapolis to begin my offshore sail to the BVI, I decided to start a Blog to which I will post a daily log of the trip. Postings will be sporadic and dependent on internet connections.  I will play catch up when WIFI or my super duper Verizon aircard allows. 
My son Austin was gracious enough to mail my SPOT back from Germany so I could use it on this trip. The link at the top of the page will provide my location when SPOT was last activated. I will try to do that a couple of times a day. More if I'm bored. The first two locations you'll see are at the ranch here in Missouri. (We were sitting on the patio drinking wine - different than bored).
Sunday 10/31 you'll get Annapolis (hopefully) and we'll cast off Monday 11/1 mid day and head down the Chesapeake. Then headed off shore some 1400 miles to the BVI. Weather permitting 10-12 days.
I used the 'Simple Design' template for the BLOG as it seemed appropriate for the brain cells I have available for it at the moment. Hopefully I can expand on the site when I get home and plans are to use it to further document our boat project on our Sundowner 30 Tug - M/V Scout. Then our travels down the Mississippi to more adventures.
I see a place on the right side for 'Followers'. I have no idea how that works but if I have 'Followers' that would make me a 'Leader'. If your personality traits allow you to be a follower by all means get on the list.  We'll just see where that takes us.
I've eliminated the comments section for the time being but will resurrect it when I get back. No explanations necessary.
Peace, love and be safe. chip