Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Got My Rocna Wet.

"Anchor out", "Hang on the hook", "Raft up" and now the Lake of the Ozarks lingo... "Cove out".  There needs to be a 'marine' version of the 'urban dictionary' to keep up with all this stuff. 

Not to be outdone, I came up with my own term.  When friends ask, "What did you do last weekend?".  I just smile and say, "I got my Rocna wet".  Much cooler than just saying, "Anchored out" or "Hung on the hook".  (I have to add a note here for the uninformed. Googling 'rocna' gets you nowhere. Try 'rocna anchor'.)

So last weekend I got my Rocna wet.  Actually it's our Rocna but Julie is perfectly happy with me calling it my Rocna.

We headed to boat with the idea of doing some boat projects now that we're getting some decent weather.  I'm still learning to relax on boats. Guess I'm just a boat project kinda guy.

Before I could get started on my list, our new friends Steve and Chris from I-Dock stopped by and said they were headed up the Gravois Arm to cove out. They asked if we would like to join them. What better time to get my Rocna wet.

A couple of hours later we were anchored out, hanging on the hook, coved out with my (our) Rocna wet.



Is that a sailboat?

Chris and Steve have a really nice Hans Christian 41 that they brought to the Lake from Friday Harbor, WA.  And they like wine.

They weather was perfect and Julie got into the groove.

  
Reading with one arm is hard work.

Then Dory got into the groove.


Let sleeping dogs lie.


I found a few little projects to do but no one took my picture.

It wasn't long and it was wine time. Steve rowed over in his dinghy and invited us for 'sundowners' and a tour of  the S/V Fiddler's Green. Perfect end to the day.

Gave me a chance to snap a photo of Scout with my rocna wet.



Some dummy left a bumper out.

After a couple of 'sundowners', Dory was wasted.



Zzzzzzzzzzz


When little doggies have to go, they have to go.     Ever see a one armed woman row a dinghy? 

                                                                  Neither have I.




What a great weekend.

Life is good!