Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Working Out The Details

I keep saying..."The END is near!"....but nobody believes me anymore.  Kinda like crying "wolf" or yelling "The sky is falling". So I'm not saying it anymore....just gunna say..."The trucker is scheduled".

Julie and I have been working through the last of the boat work and testing out the systems.

The bottom is done. The end.


Nice ass!

Engine has been run. Throttle and transmission linkage adjusted. Generator run and charging great. Bilge pumps, refrigerator, air conditioner, inverter, freezer, water system, propane, electric head, autopilot, steering system bled  adjusted, fuel system pressurized and NO LEAKS ....now.... all I will can is my double flaring skills are much improved. I'm rambling here and it's almost time for wine. You get the picture...all the stuff works.

The hatch for the 'butt hold' has been a work in progress. Originally all there was for access was the Bomar hatch.  I built the rest.


Old fat guys need a bigger hole than the Bomar provided.


There's a generator hiding in there....and fuel tanks....and a water tank...and the rudder post and autopilot pump.


Big boy toys to miter the stainless trim.


Real men weld stainless.


The fun work is in the details.


"The trucker is scheduled"